Wait a minute. Bruce Wayne is Batman….’s roommate?

Batman is back dressed in black as the city of Gotham needs his help, or do they really? The Warner Brothers brought us yet another hilarious lego film filled with all of our favorite characters.

Warner Bros.

Warner Bros.

Alyssa Kauthen, Staff Writer

Everyone’s favorite brooding good guy is back at it again. Bruce Wayne AKA Batman (Will Arnett), takes on a new form – as a shiny plastic lego. Much like many of his previous incarnations, Batman prefers to be a lone fighter, not particularly enjoying the idea of working with others. Unfortunately for Batman, Dick Grayson, also known as Robin (Michael Cera), enters the picture.
Just like the original Lego Movie, Lego Batman is filled with jokes, puns, as well as some fun Easter eggs referencing Batman’s many live action roles. One of these references happened to be his collection of eclectic Batsuits that allude to some of the… weirder moments in Batman history, such as the always colorful Rainbow Batman. Even Alfred makes an appearance as “The Kick Butler.” When Bruce Wayne adopts little Robin, he tries on everything from the Current Bat suit, our very loved and admired black costume with the yellow bat logo, to Batman Beyond, a black and red costume featured at the very front of Batman’s suit collection. He finally decides on the colorful Reggae Man suit from Batman’s expansive collection.
After a series of suspicious activities happening in the city, Batman and Robin start trying to take down The Joker (Zach Galifianakis), which, of course, is never as simple as it seems. With evil villains wreaking havoc everywhere, these super heroes find themselves in need of some extra help. After all, it wasn’t everyday that the worst supervillains were released all at once: King Kong (Seth Green), Poison Ivy (Riki Lindhome), Medusa (Lauren White), and even Lord Voldemort himself (Eddie Izzard).
With Batman facing the issue of learning to work with others, Gotham slowly starts to improve without him, due to Barbara Gordon’s (Rosario Dawson) new criminal task force. Is Gotham really better off without our favorite dark and edgy superhero or could this possibly be just another evil plot by The Joker? Hopefully you’ll agree that Everything is Awesome about this 10 out of 10 film, when you watch it for yourself while it is still in theaters. To find out more about this funny, action packed film, you can visit legobatman.com for some fun video games, more information about the characters, as well as being able to watch some small clips from the movie. It is definitely a must-see for anyone seeking a good laugh. After all, everything is cool when you’re part of a team.