Spring forward into spring break

Christina Barrett, Staff Writer

Take your friends out for a picnic

Grab your friends and/or significant other and visit your local park. All you need to bring is some packed food and a picnic blanket. A picnic is a great, cost-efficient way to hang out with friends and enjoy the spring sunshine. For extra fun, bring a soccer ball or a football to pass around.

Plan a beach day with the besties

With spring comes perfect weather for a beach day with friends and family. Visit Santa Monica Beach and enjoy the city-life that surrounds it. For a quieter beach experience, visit Will Rogers State Beach and take advantage of its accessible parking and lack of tourists.

Visit the UCLA Botanical gardens

Take a stroll through UCLA’s 7-acre botanical garden. It is open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. every day, and it is located in the south-eastern corner of the school’s campus. The garden features a river that runs throughout the garden and an abundance of tropical plants. The atmosphere of the garden gives off a relaxing
vibe that makes you feel as if you are in the center of a rainforest.

Bike ride along the coast

Enjoy a day of exercise and sightseeing while biking along the infamous Marvin Braude Bike Trail. More experienced bikers can bike the entirety of the 22-mile trail, but most people choose to bike Class 1, an 8-mile trail that extends from Will Rogers State Beach to Venice Beach. Along the way, you can see landmarks such as the Santa Monica Pier and the Venice
Boardwalk.

Welcome spring by spring-cleaning

Take on spring with a fresh start. Cleaning is a great way to relieve stress and get organized. Clearing unnecessary and distracting things from your daily life will help you conquer the last 10-weeks of school more efficiently.

Organize a camping trip

Go camping and create long-lasting memories this spring by spending a night with your friends. Head down to an open camping area, like the Angeles National Forest or Malibu Creek State Park and set up camp. Share stories and s’mores around a campfire, or go on a hike and take cool pictures.