Find your cup of tea in L.A.

Nicole Kim, Features Editor

Los Angeles has everything you are looking for in a cafe. You can fulfill your Instagramming passions, have a quick chat with your friends, find a new study spot for an upcoming test or project, or sip the greatest latte in town.

When speaking of “the greatest” coffee in town, it is almost impossible to forget Alfred Coffee. Yes, you have probably seen pictures of Kendall Jenner making her way out of their Melrose location on Instagram, Facebook, or any other social media network. Alfred Coffee, located in the heart of Melrose Ave., is a celebrity hot-spot. As a big fan of Alfred’s since 2015, I can ensure you that their Iced Vanilla Latte is simply the best. Not a fan of coffee? Alfred’s also has a wide range of selections for you to choose from, including cold-pressed juices, kombucha, and iced teas. And of course, they have their $10 Lattes, their specialty. Although it is overpriced considering the typical price ranges of iced lattes, Alfred’s takes pride in this drink as they use raw vanilla or chocolate almond milk from a company specializing in cold-pressed juices- Pressed Juicery. They also add in 4 extra shots to add to the cost. If Melrose is too far from you, don’t worry. They have multiple locations ranging from Silverlake, Brentwood, and their newly opened Beverly Hills location. At their Melrose location, make sure to walk across the street and visit Alfred Tea, the most Instagrammable cafe with their baby pink theme. Trust me, it’s a rising tourist hot spot, and plus, they even have boba!

If you’re looking for a cafe that can fulfill your Instagramming passion, Bia Coffee in Koreatown, Los Angeles is the place to go. Featured on Buzzfeed for their flower coffee and rose and lavender infused desserts, Bia Coffee is always bustling with people walking in and out. It is common to see people trying to arrange their drinks and desserts in the perfect spots to capture the best pictures. The Bia Rose Lattes and the Bia Lavender Lattes are two of Bia Coffee’s specialty drinks. If you aren’t a fan of coffee, try alternatives such as their rose or lavender Italian Sodas or sparkling ades. The owner of Bia Coffee makes housemade flower syrups daily, making all drinks non-artificial and with the perfect level of sweetness. When paying your visit, make sure to try their rose or lavender cakes, which are topped off with housemade cream and dried flowers.

Do you have an upcoming project or a new quiz to study for? If so, Cafe Profeta located in Westwood Village may be the perfect study spot for you and your friends. Located only two bus stops down from Barrington and Wilshire and only a 5-minute drive by car, Profeta may be one of the closest cafes to Uni. Profeta, a hidden cafe near the entrance of Westwood Village, is one of the best that my friends and I swear by. When you pay your visit, don’t forget to try the Iced White Velvet with a muffin to satisfy your sweet tooth. Whatever it may be, Profeta has it. Make sure to hang out around the village after your coffee or tea pick-up!

Nicole Kim
Bia Coffee, featured on Buzzfeed, is a rising flower-themed cafe with rose and lavender infused drinks and decadent flower flavored desserts.

Nicole Kim
DRINK UP. Alfred Coffee’s Iced Vanilla Latte is the perfect refreshment for a weekend in Los Angeles.

Nicole Kim
Espresso Profeta is a go-to stop for their signature Iced White Velvet and scrumptious muffins.

Nicole Kim
Alfred Tea Room’s pink themed cafe is a perfect match along with its seasonal drink, the Sparkling Strawberry Iced Tea.