Festival frenzy: Day N Night feeds into fan’s music addiction

Travis Scott, entered his set on top of a bird while performing a majority of his songs. He is known to perform
with a large bird on his sets.

Travis Scott, entered his set on top of a bird while performing a majority of his songs. He is known to perform with a large bird on his sets.

Johnathan Becerra

Johnathan Becerra

Johnathan Becerra & Taylor Itagaki, Staff Writers

The 2017 Day N Night Festival was an event many people were anticipating. The three-day festival took place from Sept. 8-10 at Angel Stadium in Anaheim, CA. General admission tickets were priced at about $100 for each day and VIP tickets were about $200 for each day. A variety of artists performed their most popular songs while people moved from stage to stage listening to each one. Some artists who appeared at Day N Night included: Travis Scott, SZA, Chance the Rapper, Post Malone, Kendrick Lamar, and Playboi Carti. Senior, Naomi Lumanauw was looking forward to seeing all the musical acts, but one in particular.

“I’m most excited to see Chance because I’ve been a fan for a while now,” she said.

Rapper Travis Scott performed an amazing 14 songs for his set. Popular songs such as “Antidote”, “Butterfly Effect”, and “Goosebumps” had the crowd going wild. Mid-performance Scott ascended from the sky on his signature eagle prop leaving everyone in awe. Gospel rapper, Chance the Rapper had an amazing set which included popular songs “Sunday Candy” and “No Problems”. This has been an incredible year for Chance, winning three Grammy’s this past year, and his album, Coloring Book, placed at NO. 8 on the Billboard 200. As expected, performer Kendrick Lamar put on a great show, performing his new songs “ELEMENT,” “LOYALTY,” and “HUMBLE” which were featured in his most recently released DAMN album.

As expected, the weather was in the high 80s/low 90s, but mostly everyone seemed prepared with their CamelBak backpacks filled with water and loose fitting clothing. The most popular performances based on crowd size, were Chance the Rapper, Kendrick Lamar, Travis Scott, SZA, Daniel Caesar, and YG. The Angel Stadium field was packed with roaring fans that took audience participation to a whole new level.

“The mosh pits were fun because they weren’t too wild and scary,” senior Gomez Sandoval said. One thing suggested to be fixed for next year is the parking because it’s a nightmare trying to get out of there taking approximately 30 minutes.

“I suggest parking near the exit,” senior Oscar Hernandez said. Overall, Day N Night provided a weekend filled with great entertainment and memorable experiences.

“It was so much fun and totally worth it!” senior Naomi Lumanauw said.