Meet Vineeta: Uni’s 2018 valedictorian

Nicole Kim, Features Editor

Vineeta Singh is a senior at University High School and is valedictorian for the Class of 2018. Currently, her top school choices are USC and UCLA. Singh is interested in pursuing a major in Computational Biology or Quantitative Biology.

Wildcat: How does it feel to be recognized as class valedictorian?

V: It feels like an honor because its rewarding to see all my hard work pay off.

Wildcat: What a huge honor! How did you balance your rigorous course schedule with extra-curricular activities?

V: Being organized has been essential in maintaining my workload, extracurricular activities, and my social life. It is really important to manage your time and prioritize the things you have to do.

Wildcat: Speaking of…which extracurricular activities have you been  involved in at Uni?

V: At Uni, I have been involved in volleyball, acadeca, MESA, and Build-on.

Wildcat: How did you react when you got your early acceptances to colleges?

V: I was in shock because I wasn’t expecting anything until late March but it felt good to see that my hard work throughout high school paid off.

Wildcat: Who is the most influential person behind your strong work ethic?

V: My brother has been a really driving force in everything that I do because he is always pushing me to do more and be the best that I can be. His continuously strong work ethic inspires me to dream big and work hard.

Wildcat: What advice would you would give to future upperclassmen?

V: Take advantage of every opportunity that Uni offers and savor every moment. The four years of high school will pass before you know it, and you don’t want to reach the end of your senior year and have regrets about what you wish you had done.

Thanks, Vineeta! And congratulations on this accomplishment. You make the Uni family proud!